Much of the process for multi-player draw entry is the same as single player, particularly onscreen and email confirmation messages and managing entry in the members module. A major difference is in the options available for members when entering the draw.
Navigating to a date where a multi-player draw exists, members will see a draw entry button. Information displayed reflects either the number of players rule for the competition (1, 2, 3 or 4) or, maximum available slots remaining (depending on combination of previous entries). In the following example, number of players allowed to enter the competition is 4 so members can enter themselves only or up to 3 additional members. Regardless of how many players the member adds, these players will be drawn the same tee time.
Following completion of the draw, all members entered are sent email confirmation with their tee time and the members module is updated.
Members can modify their own entry (remove themselves from the competition). Other members can enter the competition by booking any available slots up until competition close.
Zoned Draw multi-player entry is identical to single zone draw entry with the exception that members must choose the zone they want to play in. Clicking ‘Enter Competition’ opens a popup to select the zone.
Even if a competition is configured to permit members to add themselves and 3 other members, it may not always be possible for members to enter this many players. Not all members entering the draw will enter 4 players, some may only enter themselves plus 1 or 2 other members. The ‘enter x players in competition’ button is aware of the availability in the draw and will update accordingly and members will only be able to enter the number of players for the maximum available slot combinations remaining.
To illustrate, consider the scenario:
- A competition has been configured to allow up to 4 members.
- There are 16 total playing slots available.
- Member 1 enters 3 total players.
- Member 2 enters 4 total players.
- Member 3 enters 3 total players.
- Member 4 enters 2 total players.
- Member 5 enters themselves only.
- 13 players in total have entered.
- Member 6 no longer has the option to add 4 members so they see ‘enter up to 2 players in competition’. They decide to add 2 total players.
- Since 15 members have now entered, member 7 can only add themselves since 1 slot remains.
- If an Admin user was to create the draw at this stage, they would see a visual representation of 15 of 16 slots being taken.